Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

Our First Anniversary


This Sunday, Jonathan and I will celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We will exchange cards (we are not doing gifts), we will get dressed up and go out for a nice dinner at a restaurant called Croaker’s Spot. (I have wanted to try this place for over a year.) When we get home, we will pull out our cake topper that I have had thawing in the fridge for the past 2 days and we will give it a taste. It was so delicious on our wedding day, I cannot imagine it tasting bad even after being frozen for a year. And then we will spend the rest of the evening together.
One whole year has come and gone since our wedding, and boy did it fly by. This first year of marriage has been so wonderful. Not much changed from when we were only dating or when we were engaged. But the one difference I notice the most is that I feel like we are on a team. Not that we weren’t before getting married, but after marriage we were just a little bit closer. Our connection means just a little more and our bond has grown tremendously. I think through this first year of marriage we have both sacrificed a little more for one another and we have spent more time doing things together.
Marriage doesn’t change much, and you don’t really feel different after the wedding. But I can say now that we have been married for a year, things did change. These aren’t huge changes, but they are the ones that make a difference and make our marriage just a little bit richer.
Since getting married, I started working for Jonathan part-time.
Since getting married, we have started home improvements.
Since getting married, we have attended a weekly Bible study.
Since getting married, we have become homeowners.
Since getting married, we have started trying to start our family.
Since getting married, nothing and everything has changed.
There are many things that we have done and experienced in this first year of marriage and I would not change any of it.

Dear Jonathan,
These past seven years I have spent with you have been nothing short of amazing, but they cannot compare to the last one we have been together as husband and wife. I am the luckiest girl in the world to call you my husband. You are the kindest, most generous man that I know. You know my heart better than anyone else and it has been an honor to give it to you. I have been so encouraged by your desire to learn about God’s word and your desire to share what we are learning. I hope to always support you and encourage you to continue to grow in our faith. I promise that I am going to be by your side through everything to come. The good and the bad, I am going to be right there with you. You can count on me to be your loyal and loving companion for the rest of your life.
I love you more that I could ever express in words, but it doesn’t stop me from trying.
Love,
Katelyn























































No comments:

Post a Comment