Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

Filet Mignon Bruschetta

Its Friday, and I wanted to get a post on the blog today. Recently I have tried out some fun and creative recipes and figured I could share one of my favorites on here. There is an Italian Restaurant that Jonathan and I will eat at on occasion called Giambanco's. They have this one appetizer that we order everytime we go because it is so yummy! It is the Filet Mignon Bruschetta, and I decided I would remake it at home as a meal for dinner one night, and boy am I glad I did! It is sooooooo good, you have to try it. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Of course my finished product didn't really look like Giambanco's, it still had the same amazing flavor.

This recipe will make about 5-6 servings as an appetizer OR 2-3 servings as a meal.

You will need:
Asparagus, I used one bunch which had about 24 spears.
2 Medium Onions, sliced in long strips
1 baguette or French bread sliced
2 Filet Mignon, (about 1 lb)
1 Boursin Garlic & Herb cheese spread
olive oil
salt and pepper

First, chop off the asparagus heads at about 3.5-4 inches long. Wash and place in a bowl.
Add a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and mix around so asparagus is coated. Set to side.

Next, begin to caramelize sliced onion in pan with olive oil or butter.

Once these start to golden, Put asparagus in a separate pan to sauté.

Slice French bread into round crostini's. Toast if desired. Spread decent amount of the Boursin Cheese on each.
My husband cooked the steaks outside on the grill about 7 minutes per side for a medium well cook. Once he brought the steaks in, I sliced into strips and began to assemble.
 2 asparagus heads on top of the cheese spread, 1 or two slices of steak on top of asparagus, then the yummy caramelized onions on top of steak.

Ta-da! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment