Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

NINE CURRENT OBSESSIONS!

Thought I would share a post of a few items/products that I am current OBSESSED with! 



 1. & 2. Are both from Eden’s Garden. I have been interested in essential oils for a while now, but just recently expanded my collection. The first one is the Anxiety Ease Synergy Blend. It’s a combination of Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang and Lemongrass and is AMAZING! I have diffused it twice now and absolutely love it. It is so good I HAD to make a rollerball to carry with me in my purse, so I dabbled in my first oil mixing experience. I used Hemp Seed oil as a carrier. I did 2 drops of anxiety ease per teaspoon of carrier oil. Number 2 is their Frankincense & Myrrh Synergy Blend which is a blend of Myrrh, Cedarwood Himalayan, Frankincense, Cedarwood Virginian and Cistus. I purchased it in the roll-on bottle which is already diluted with Fraction Coconut oil. To explain my excitement over this, you have to understand that Frankincense and Myrrh have been used for over 5,000 years. They were given as gifts to baby Jesus when he was born, along with gold (Matthew 2:11). These oils were of tremendous value in Biblical times and leave me in awe of our amazing God, who commanded Moses to use as an incense to burn at the Alter of Incense (Exodus 30:34). I just find it incredibly fascinating how these oils are still available for use today. I like rub this on my wrists and dab it on my neck before Bible Study, Church, when I am doing my daily devotional, or even when I just want to feel a little closer to God. About this blend, Eden’s Garden says, “Along with a remarkable aroma, it has many antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that can help support the respiratory system, high cholesterol and chronic pain.”

 3.
Lighthouse Avocado Dip & Spread – Last week I decided I want to give my best attempt at following a Keto diet (High Fat, Moderate Protein and Low Carb). My first couple of days I simply tried my best but didn’t actually meet the goal macro’s that was set for me off of a Keto Calculator. I was doing okay on the carbs, eating too much protein and too little fat. I tell you, it is HARD to eat 97g of GOOD fat a day! So after my workout yesterday, I went to the grocery store and browsed looking for things that would help me with this. Along with 3 bags of Pork Rinds, Bacon, Butter & huge bottle of Full Fat Ranch…I picked up this Avocado dip to give a try. IT IS DELICOUS! You can use it as a dip, as a dressing, as a sauce… I put it on my egg and cheese sandwich this morning and it is the perfect addition of healthy fats to my daily meals.

4.
Apple AirPods – I had been wanting AirPods since they first came out, and my sweet husband surprised me out of the blue one day a couple months ago with my own pair! I tell you, now that I am back in the gym and using them regularly, I could not see going back to non-wireless headphones. To me they have great sound quality, stay charged for SEVERAL uses before needing to be plugged up, and connect to my phone faster than I can open their carrier and put in each ear.

5.
Redken’s All Soft Shampoo – Been using this shampoo for the past month and decided that I was going to purchase another bottle. It leaves my fine hair feeling fuller and softer. It has been hard for me in the past to find shampoos that don’t weigh down my fine hair, so when I find on that I like and works good, I tend to stick with it for awhile.

6.
Mrs. Meyers Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner (Peony) – Can I just stop right hear and acknowledge the fact that this is a CLEANING product that SMELLS AMAZING! I don’t even feel the need to burn a candle when I have wiped down all of our surfaces with this awesome cleaner. It works great on many different areas of my home and its ingredients are at least 98% plant-derived according to Mrs. Meyer’s website. I also have a bottle of their Honeysuckle scent, which smells equally amazing.

7.
Olly Prenatal Gummy Vitamin – I have been using this Prenatal Vitamin for a few months now and love that it’s a gummy, tastes good and has all the good stuff my body needs while TTC. I am sad to say I finished off my current container yesterday and am having to switch to a different non-gummy Prenatal temporarily while I am on the Keto diet. This vitamin has 6g of carbs and when I am only allowed 20 net grams of carbs per day… I cannot be wasting them on a vitamin. Don’t worry, I love them so much that when/if I finish the Keto diet, I do plan on going back to these instead of the huge stinky ones I am using for now.

8.
In Due Time 60 Day Devotional by Caroline HarriesTHIS BOOK! You guys, this incredible, simple, scripture-based devotional has been so good for my soul. It has helped me to adjust my way of thinking and changed my heart for the better. It has also helped me to let go of the hurt, sadness, anger and overall stress I’ve been feeling during this season of waiting I am in. I HIGHLY recommend this book to every woman I know struggling with infertility. 

 9. Hot Tools BEE FLAT – This flat iron by Helen of Troy is amazing. So, I’ve had the same hair straightener for the last 10 years. Recently when I was using it, it made a loud POP!!! I quickly yanked the plug out the wall and threw it away. So I needed to buy a new one. I went to my local Sally’s Beauty and looked at the huge selection available. Immediately my eyes were drawn to this one, probably because of the bright yellow color. But it works awesome. It heats up in seconds and has an awesome safety feature to cut it off after 2 hours, which my last one did not have.

I hope you enjoyed reading about these current Obsessions that have me all kinds of excited right now. Let me know if you have used any of the products/items listed. Happy Tuesday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment