Pages

Monday, November 6, 2017

Clomid

October 26th I had my Infertility Evaluation by my regular OBGYN. It went good and as expected. She ordered a semen analysis for Jonathan and wrote me a prescription for 50mg Clomid CD 5-9. We will be doing clomid unmonitored except for if I do not conceive/ovulate at all, she wants to check for OHSS. Everything that I was hoping for and had come to expect is what I got at my appointment and I am so grateful to my Doctor for that. 
I am officially on Day 4 of Provera to induce my next period and am extremely excited and anxious and nervous about trying Clomid for the first time. I have really high hopes that it will be successful in helping me to ovulate. My Doctor agreed with me by looking at my BBT charts that I am not ovulating. If it doesn’t work the first time we can always try again the following month, but I know I will be semi heartbroken if it fails the first round. Don’t get me wrong I am very excited to be finally on a medicine that will HOPEFULLY make my body do what it’s supposed to, but high hopes can come with high disappointment if it doesn’t work. But I need to relax and not stress because I believe that this will work and the Lord will answer our prayers to conceive. 
Jonathan isn’t pleased about having to do a test himself, but I told him if we want help then she wants to see that he doesn’t have any problems that would prevent us from conceiving on top of my problems. The fertility facility is allowing him to collect the sample at home and bring it to them within the hour of his appointment, which is the same day that my period should start. I hope they get the results back to my Dr. quickly so I can know for sure that things are okay on his end before I start the clomid on D5. Which I will start regardless, but just eases my mind to know. 
So, just because I am the kind of person that likes to plan out everything… if you couldn’t already tell how obsessive I am with planning. I will finish my 10 days of Provera 11/12/17, period usually starts 2 days later, so 11/14 would be CD1. Then will take clomid CD5-9 (11/18-11/22), will hopefully ovulate between CD14-CD20 (11/27-12/3). THENNNN, if I did ovulate and we do conceive, then I will hopefully have a positive pregnancy test around 12/13!!! Ok, ok, I know I am crazy obsessing by planning this far out, but a girl can dream right? 
Will be saying lots of prayers that clomid does the trick and we will be able to share some good news with our family for Christmas this year. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment