Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas is Over / Weekend Recap 12/23-12/26

Christmas came and went in a blur, as it does every year. Differences being that this year, with my Grandma in the hospital, my dad's side of the family did not get together. I did go spend some time with her Christmas Eve morning in the hospital and gave her gift to her. She made sure I left those Chocolate Covered Potato chips where she could get to them easily. They say she's got pneumonia pretty bad, and apparently she had it when they sent her home from the hospital the first time. This time we are hoping that they keep her there until she beats it because we worry if they send her home, then she will end up back in there in a day or two.

The Saturday before Christmas, we went to my Dad's house, exchanged gifts with him and my stepmom, then went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch.

Christmas Eve, we went to Jonathan's Dad house after I got home from the hospital. Had a wonderful dinner there and exchanged gifts.

Every year Jonathan and I open presents when we wake up on Christmas morning then head over to my mom's for Christmas Brunch with the family. Unfortunately, my mom came down with a horrible stomach bug Christmas Eve night and we had to cancel Christmas morning. Since I had already started cooking by the time I got the message from mom, we decided to just pack up the food and go to Jonathan's mom's house and eat with her and Jonathan's step brother, Wesley.

We hung out there a while, then went home to regroup. I ended up taking a cat nap then woke up and we went to Jonathan's Grandpa's. Nearly the entire family showed up this year, making it a good crowd. Dinner there was finger foods and they hit the spot!
 Poor Grandpa had a horrible black eye from where he feel a couple days ago, and I of course was looking at a different camera.

Yesterday was my last day off before returning to work today. So I made sure I took down all of the indoor Christmas décor. Jonathan and I will take down the outside lights this weekend. We went to a local business that sells sheds and we picked out one together. I really need it for all my decorations and for the furniture in the back bed room that we are going to be cleaning out. Once our shed is delivered, I'll be able to start emptying the room and cannot wait!

My mom and Ed will probably come over on Saturday for us to exchange all our gifts. Jonathan and I decided to keep our distance until then so we don't risk getting sick also.

Of course like every Christmas, I feel like I am spoiled by the gifts that I receive from friends and family and Jonathan. But Jonathan and I also kind of go overboard when it comes to gift giving, which we love doing. Especially for the ones we know are struggling to make ends meet or using all they have to buy gifts for their kids.
If we can spare some money to give that is what we do, because we know that may be their gas tank to get home, or their dinner money for the next couple days.

For Christmas Jonathan bought me my first Michael Kors purse and matching wallet!
He also took me to Victoria's Secret so I could pick out some new panties, gave me a gift card to Massage Envy, ordered me the Weathertech floor inserts for my car, and gave me a digital picture frame for my desk as work.

My Mom did give us one of our gift's early, which was an awesome Rtic Cooler (same as Yeti and way cheaper.) And... its BLUE! LOVE IT!



I also received a couple scarves, a Yankee Candle wax burner, some wine, gift card to get my nails done, and some shower goodies. All in all, I am feeling super blessed this Christmas. But now that it's over, I am ready for all that 2018 will bring. I'm ready to RING IN THE NEW YEAR!!





No comments:

Post a Comment