Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Keeping Busy

Christmas is just about here now and I have been keeping extremely busy!
A few quick updates.

Oscar:
Our sweet boy Oscar, that we thought was at the end of his life had his vet appointment, which was very emotional for Jonathan and I both. He did NOT want to go in the office, we practically had to carry him inside... and he's a BIG boy. Our vet evaluated him, because we weren't sure if it was time or not. In our vet's professional opinion, there was nothing leading him to believe that Oscar was suffering in any way. Yes, he has old man arthritis, and his heavy breathing is from damage done by having heartworms previously. But there is nothing majorly wrong with him. We were just not ready to say goodbye yet, so we gladly brought him home. I do think that once his legs stop working, that will be our sign that its time. Our vet did say he thought we may have another month with him, but we are coming up on that month mark now and he's still able to get up and outside on his own. We will keep him with us as long as he's able to do so. Another Christmas with him is absolutely wonderful.








Home Improvements:
We refurnished our entire living room with a new sectional, recliner, entertainment center, coffee table and end tables. I am soooo excited that we are continuing to invest in making our house into a home that we can be proud of and excited to have friends and family come over to visit. I have loved decorating our house for Christmas, and we have had both my mom and Jonathan's mom over on separate occasions for dinner. We usually NEVER have people over. Not because we don't want to, but we just never felt like our house was comfortable for company.

As a surprise, Jonathan started redoing out bathroom while I was out of town visiting family. He installed a new toilet and vanity. Once I got home, I helped him hang a new medicine cabinet that I am very excited about. A few more things to be hung before we can call it finished. (Towel Racks, Toilet paper holder, and hand towel ring.) I will be sure to share a few pics once completed.









Family:
I took a few days off work in the beginning of December so I could get some shopping done, visit some family, and kind of recoop after knowing that our fertility treatment failed. I made a 3.5 hour drive to Roanoke to spend some time with my Pampaw and Beaby (my grandpa and stepgrandma on my mom's side). I don't get to see them nearly as much as I would like to, but I try to make the trip at least twice a year. Majority of the family no longer keeps in touch with them, which breaks their hearts and in return makes me so sad for them. Long family history there and too much to go into detail, but they have ALWAYS loved me and tried to keep in touch, so I have no reasons of my own to be cold to them. My cousin recently got married and they were not invited to her wedding. I made sure to pull her up on Facebook and show them some photos so they could at least see her in her dress. We had a wonderful time just talking, eating dinner and drinking good wine. I did stay the night one of their guest rooms, had some breakfast the next morning and got on the road to head home around 11:30. They gave to me a wooden chair that belonged to my great grandmother, which is one of the many things they have promised to pass down to me. I am so excited to have that chair in my home and hopefully be able to pass down to my own child one day. Definitely was a short trip and forgot to get a updated photo of the three of us, always sad to leave. I plan on making the trip again in the spring and try to stay with them longer next time.










My Grandma (on my Dad's side), is HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL!!! So very glad to be able to say this because at one time it did not seem like she was going to make it. She did have to spend 2 weeks in a rehab to get her strength back, but is now happy at home on oxygen. I am looking forward to going to see her this Saturday.












Other:
Thursday 12/14 was my first day back at work from vacation and we had an accident right in front of our office. A woman on a scooter ran right into the back of a public transportation bus while it was stopped at the bus stop. I have no idea how she managed to do that, but the noise was horrible when she hit it. As I was running out the door and my coworker was calling 911, another accident happens RIGHT beside where the woman is laying in the road. (One car rear ended another). As I am walking up to her, I could just hear her screaming "Oh my god!" over and over. There were a few people already standing nearby but they were just staring at her not doing anything. She was pinned by her left leg under the scooter, but I immediately squatted down beside her and grabbed her hand. Her face was split open on her nose and cheek and blood was just pouring from her face. She was crying and kept asking me to take her helmet off (which was cracked on the top), I told her I couldn't do that and asked her to keep her head still because she kept moving it all around. I kept telling her that she was going to be okay and told her to take slow deep breaths. Finally, another man pulled over that knew first aid, and helped by holding her helmet to the ground so she couldn't move. I grabbed the toes on her right foot, which she said she could feel, but she said she couldn't feel her left leg and was hurting really bad. I felt so sorry for her and said a silent prayer right then asking God to just place his hands on her to protect her from anything more serious than a few broken bones. I wish I had asked her what her name was, and feel guilty that I didn't. But it all happened so fast, my adrenalin was pumping. All I could think to do was to keep telling her the ambulance was coming, she was going to be okay, and keep breathing calmly. She squeezed my hand a few time and every now and them would relax and take a slow deep breath. I hope I was able to provide her with a bit of comfort during such a traumatic event. When the ambulance pulled up I got out of the way and when they started to lift the scooter off of her, her screams made it unbearable to stand by. I had to walk back into the office or I would have lost my composure. My coworker's fiancé is the battalion chief for the local fire department, so we got an update the following morning. Her nose was broken, left leg severely broken, and pelvis shattered. I pray she has a easy recovery, but thank God that there wasn't anything more seriously damaged.




Other than those couple of updates, I have been go go go, pretty much every day. I had dinner one night with 2 friends, celebrated a 50th birthday for a friend of my mom, decorated, dinner with my sister-in-law, Christmastown Busch Gardens light tour, Dr appointment, Mother-in-law's work Xmas Party (family bowling), Christmas cookie decorating at the Father-in-law's house, Finished shopping, Christmas festivities with my work, Dinner with another girlfriend. I have a nail appointment this evening. I need to buy groceries for things I am cooking, need to finish wrapping last few items, and just need to keep my mind busy. I am on Provera right now until the day after Christmas which has me crampy and hot! But I am very excited to get this next cycle going so we can try Clomid again. 2018 WILL BE THE YEAR! I just know it.

PHOTO DUMP:










































No comments:

Post a Comment