Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Our Babymoon - Charleston, SC

Just wanted to get up a post to document our Babymoon in Charleston. It was an absolutely wonderful trip with good food, exploring and much needed relaxation. We even took a lonnngg nap one day! I promise not to overshare on the food photos, but I am going to share the names of all of the wonderful places we ate, since food was one of the main attractions for us. I didn’t have a bad meal the whole time we were there, which for me was big since it was the last week of me not tracking carbs before my gestational diabetes class. I tried to make some good food choices but could not deprive myself while on our last little vacation, just the two of us. Anywho, let me get started.
We stayed 4 nights at the Fulton Lane Inn in the heart of Charleston at King and Market. We booked the Cathedral Suite, and I absolutely loved everything about the place. I cannot say anything negative except that I wish their in-room continental breakfast had more options. I was fine with the healthy choices, but Jonathan would have enjoyed something a little heartier if available.
Once we checked in and settled, we were hungry from our 7 hour drive. So first night I just had to eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp. I absolutely love the movie Forrest Gump and actually watched it while packing the day before we left. Hushpuppies, Shrimp Po Boy for me and Crab legs for Jonathan. 
Then back to hotel for me to lounge in the jetted tub for awhile. (I kept the water cool enough to be safe.)
Our first full day was spent checking off two things on my pregnancy wish list. We had a 4D Ultrasound done at Bond With Baby in Mt. Pleasant. It was so amazing seeing our baby boy’s face and to see him moving around, yawning, and scrunching up his forehead. He kept his little hand up in his face majority of the 40 minutes, but we managed to get some awesome shots when he would stretch or briefly give us a good view.

Lunch afterwards was at the best BBQ place we have ever eaten. Melvin’s also in Mt. Pleasant is a must in my opinion.
I had booked a session with Abbey Medley Photography to meet with us at Folly Beach at 6 to take our Maternity Photos. She was wonderful, professional and had all the poses for myself and Jonathan, so that we didn’t even have to think about it. I highly recommend her if you’re in the area! Will share her photos in my next post. I absolutely LOVE them. Once we finished, Jonathan and I walked the beach a while and he took this one of me, made me feel so beautiful.
 
That evening we were late finally getting out to eat. We went to Fleet Landing Bar and Restaurant. It was packed, so we lucked out and found two open seats at the bar. Menu wasn’t a huge selection but I had the Mixed Green Salad with Seared Shrimp. Delicious! Since we had kept telling baby we would give him ice cream during the ultrasound if he would just cooperate, we had to keep our promise. <3  After dinner, we walked to Belgian Gelato and I had the Chocolate Hazelnut Cone… and oh my Jesus… It tasted just like the little Ferrero Rocher Chocolates. I am drooling just thinking about it.
Tuesday morning we woke up and had breakfast at Sweetwater CafĂ©. 
Afterwards, we visited the South Carolina Aquarium. It wasn’t too crowded and had a lot to see. The rescued Bald Eagle and Sea Turtles were my favorites.



For lunch we went to this little place called The Griffon. Coolest little joint COVERED in dollar bills, with the friendliest staff and quick service. My Reuben and pasta salad was sooooo yummy.

Tuesday was also a day of rest for us. We went back to our room and napped for 3 whole hours, and was very nice to do so. We got ready and dressed for dinner and made our way to Sticky Fingers for some ribs. Together, we did the platter for two, and ate a whole two racks. I did receive a couple compliments/laughs for the shirt I wore.
Again, jetted tub to unwind for the evening before bed and to soak my poor swollen feet.
Wednesday was our last full day to enjoy. I really wanted to check out a popular breakfast place called Toast before our scheduled tour with Palmetto Carriage Works. When we showed up, there was a pile of people waiting outside the door for a table. We figured we would get our name on the list if it wasn’t too long. We were told 15-20 minutes, no biggie. But the owner saw us giving our name and I guess with my belly showing she wanted to take care of me, and had our name moved to the top of the list. I was blown away by her kindness and felt flattered to be catered to a little. Definitely wished we had eaten breakfast there every day. While I behaved and had fruit, yogurt and toast, the table beside us ordered the extra thick Deluxe French Toast that looked to die for. After seeing it, Jonathan and I both kinda wished we had been bad instead.

Carriage Ride was very nice with about 16 of us on board. The gentleman that was our tour guide was wonderful and kept us laughing the whole time while Tom and Jerry leisurely strolled through Ansonborough.

On our walk back to the hotel, we stopped in at the fancy Peninsula Grill to pick up a slice of their famous Ultimate Coconut Cake to enjoy that evening. Definitely worth the $13 if you love coconut like I do. Then we got ready to ride about 30 minutes away to Johns Island to see the Angel OakTree. It is estimated to be about 500-600 years old and was amazing to see in person. Pictures to not do it any justice on just how massive it is. 



The last meal we had was at the Charleston Crab House. Finally got me some crab legs of my own to enjoy with the Snowcrab Steampot. It also had potatoes, corn and sausage in it seasoned perfectly. Last night with a jetted tub at my disposal, I dropped in a Lush bathbomb that I had been hanging on to for a special occasion. Boy do I sure wish we had one of the tubs at home. And then we had that amazing slice of cake.
We woke up Thursday morning, had some raisin bran for me and pastries for Jonathan delivered to the room so we could stay in and pack up. We had a long ride ahead of us and Jonathan was so sweet to drive the entire time so I could sit back and relax.
Charleston was such a wonderful place to visit for our Babymoon. Everything we ate was wonderful and in walking distance from our hotel. We truly had an incredible experience everywhere we went. I am so glad that we decided to take the trip just the two of us, to be husband and wife together on vacation one last time before we become Mommy and Daddy to our precious little boy. Things sure will be different soon and I feel so blessed for all of the miraculous things that are happening in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment