Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

What I've been up to: 8/12/16 - 8/21/16

PAST PRESENT FUTURE! 
*this is going to be a really boring post with a lot of information that probably won't interest you in the slightest. Being a newer blogger, I am sure sometime's I am going to have these really boring posts that include information that is basically useless to you - sorry.* 

PAST

This weekend was nice. We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse Friday night with a gift card that we received as a wedding gift from some friends of ours. I tried something different off their menu, the Grilled Shrimp entrée, and it was delicious.

Saturday I spent majority of the day just taking it easy in preparation for Girls Night on the Patio. My friend Kristyn was having some girls over just to hang out and have some girl fun. I have to say that I had a very good time with all of the girls, but I was glad my best friend Candace was also invited, we rode together. I didn’t really know the other girls there, but I am always open to meeting new people and making new friends. It was also a big first for me… I was the oldest person there. That is such a big change, as I am usually one of the youngest people everywhere I go. 




Sunday was mostly spent recovering from the night before. Jonathan did go out and buy new brakes and rotors for my car. The brakes were almost completely gone, so it was perfect timing to get that done. And yes, I sat out in the garage and helped. 

He likes it when I spend time in the garage with him. Like last Thursday, I helped him work on his electric shifter he was putting in the drag truck, and I even loaded the truck up in the trailer. The truck has so much power though, I am very intimidated driving it. It sounds like it’s just going to take off and go flying. Which is why I am much better suited to sit on the sidelines and watch him race.

PRESENT

So last week’s schedule WAS looking really busy, but two of the appointments that we had were rescheduled to this week. Monday evening after work, began with us meeting with our financial advisor at 6pmToday, there was a compliance audit at work that I we had to get prepared for which is always very stressful. Then we had our first ever Bible Study today at 6pm. I was supposed to bake another chocolate pie LAST NIGHT to bring since we had rescheduled from last week, but decided to take the easy route and go buy one. Of course I told the truth that I did not make the pie; after tasting it I am tempted to say that mine was better Anyways, its always nerve racking going to hang out with new people, but I have been doing more of it lately and its starting to not be as scary. 

We met with our Officiant from our wedding, his wife and two children. And there was one other couple that had recently moved here from Ohio. Well I think Jonathan and I both enjoyed meeting with them and the encouragement we got from doing so. We did feel like the newbies, but that's because we kind of are. They were so welcoming and kind; our discussion really made you think, and that also felt good. We will definitely meet with them again. 

Now home, writing this while Pretty Little Liars is being recorded in the livingroom. Of course home to watch PLL afterwards! I absolutely LOVE Pretty Little Liars, and have no shame for how obsessed I am with that show. Aria and Ezra FINALLY getting engaged made all of my dreams come true!! 

FUTURE

Friday morning is Oscar’s follow up vet appointment at 9 am, so I will just go into work a little late. He seems to be doing so much better now, but definitely want the followup just to be sure. 

Saturday we will be having a combined dinner with me and my Granny. And Sunday will be my birthday!!



I am sure my next blog post will be more exciting than this. This was probably pretty boring to read. Whoops! 



No comments:

Post a Comment